This page is currently under construction to match the theme of our website, but we wanted to provide you immediate access to the content!
Week 1 – Applied Kinesiology
- Common misconceptions of biomechanics and kinesiology in OT
- Philosophy of Kinesiology in OT
- Models of Practice
- Application to Clinical Practice
Week 2 – Applied Kinesiology
- 5 Levels of Motor Function in the Body
- Isometric and Isotonic Contractions
- How movement and contractions relates to occupational therapy treatments
Week 3 – Applied Kinesiology
- Primary and Secondary External Forces applied to occupational therapy practice
- Manipulating Forces of Nature
- Leave DME at the Door!
Week 4 – Applied Kinesiology
- Body structures, functions, and performance skills in human movement
- What is praxis?
- Adaptive Mobility Behaviors (4 behaviors on the functional movement continuum)
Week 5 – Applied Kinesiology
- Vertebral Column
- Trunk and Core Support
- The Pelvic Girdle